Unleash the power of your management team, board, and departments
through what I call facilitative training.
What do you mean by “a powerful team”?
A Super-Bowl winning team needs both strong offensive and defensive units.
Each have different roles and both have to perform to win a title.
To be truly successful, strong board and staff-leadership teams are required.
(BTW- That’s me! #17 below and catching to the right. Seriously. Read the caption.)
You help those “units” get stronger?
Yes, but that’s just part of the equation
I help them work collaboratively, as teammates, rather than rivals.
When that happens, things run smoothly, work is productive, and everyone wins …especially the people you serve.
Facilitative vs. Traditional: What’s the difference?
- is canned
- the trainer’s voice dominates
- the trainer marches the group through a workbook.
- participants might represent several departments or companies
- the goal is a brain-data dump from trainer to audience members
- is about theory and information
- is customized
- the participants’ voices dominate
- I facilitate discussion about models & tools that address real and pertinent issues
- participants are all part of an intact group (leadership team, board, department)
- the goal is to:
- create an open environment
- introduce relevant models & tools
- discover your own answers
What’s your typical process?
- You and I talk about group context issues and your desired results.
- I conduct semi-confidential interviews and prepare a customized session.
- I conduct a Facilitative Training session (typically 1-2 days)
- We achieve clarity on collective and individual plans & commitments.
- I distill and deliver a summary of the session.
- I facilitate a 2-hour follow-up session 6-8 weeks later.
How do you tailor your work for our group?
By asking you, my “sponsor,” thought-provoking questions.
Then I conduct semi-confidential interviews with all or some of the participants.
I prepare methods & tools relevant to your team’s challenges.
I think on my feet and adapt mid-session to achieve optimal results.